Sometimes moving and storing can be overwhelming; so we've assembled some packing and storing tips we hope you will find useful:
- Fill boxes to the top; use paper to fill empty spaces; boxes which are filled partially may collapse when stacked.
- Do not fill large boxes with heavy items such as books. Keep books and other heavy items in small boxes so they are easy to manage.
- Leave heavy items towards the bottom.
- Wrap fragile items before placing in boxes.
- Label boxes on top and sides and remember to mark "Fragile" if applicable.
- Drain fuel from gasoline engines before storing.
- Drain any fluids from lawn and garden equipment before storing
- Do not store flamable items in your unit.
- Cabinets, drawers, and large appliances, ie., refrigerator or stove provide additional space for storing "soft" items such as clothing, blankets, towels, etc.
- Try to leave a passageway in your storage unit in case you need to access an item immediately.
- Place any items you think you might need near the front of the unit.
- Take advantage of the height of the storage unit by stacking boxes, but be careful so items do not fall.
- Make a complete list of all your items you decide to store with us and label your boxes. This will make unpacking and locating your items easier.
- Use specially constructed boxes for heirlooms.
- Use protective covers on your furniture and mattresses.
- To optimize space, remove table legs if possible. Remember to place any bolts, screws or parts in a plastic bag and tape to the underside of table top.
- Our staff will be pleased to discuss with you any questions concerning packing and storing.